Cruciferous Complete™, 90 Capsules
Free Shipping On Orders Over $100!
Contents: 90 Capsules
Recommended Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Free Shipping On Orders Over $100!
Cruciferous Complete supports cellular health.*
Cruciferous Complete is a supplement containing cruciferous vegetables that supports healthy liver function in the elimination of free radicals.*
- Provides ingredients with antioxidant activity
- Contains kale and Brussels sprouts, which have compounds that have been shown in our preclinical research to promote the liver’s detoxification pathway*
Free Radicals and Detoxification
Free radicals are a specimen of molecule that exists independently and contains an unpaired electron. As such, these radicals can either donate or accept an electron from other molecules. Free radicals can attack important macromolecules, which can disrupt the balance within cells.
The balance between antioxidants and free radicals is a major factor regulating overall cellular health, metabolism, and inflammatory response. When the balance tips in favor of free radicals, oxidative stress occurs, and can result in negative effects such as lipid peroxidation, DNA damage, and protein damage. Because the liver metabolizes many substances which produce free radicals, positive antioxidant status is associated with liver health and may prevent or delay localized oxidative stress and cell damage from occurring.14 Therefore, dietary antioxidants may support cellular processes related to detoxification.
Nutritional Support for Healthy Liver Function
As people and their practitioners have become more concerned about liver health over the years,3 dietary support of the liver with plant-based ingredients has become a more important constituent of nutritional support.4 Any imbalance of the cellular redox system leads to oxidative stress, and that is one of the factors that affects liver health.5-12
Cruciferous vegetables are rich sources of sulfur-containing compounds (glucosinolate), and the biological actions of glucosinolate-derived isothiocyanates contributes to various health-promoting effects.13 High intakes of fruits and vegetables have been associated with a positive health status along with a healthy inflammatory and metabolic process.5-12 Antioxidants in plants may help support the healthy inflammation response and metabolic conditions beneficial to health.
- Robbins, M. G., Andersen, G., Somoza, V., Eshelman, B. D., Barnes, D. M., & Hanlon, P. R. (2011). Heat Treatment of Brussels Sprouts Retains Their Ability to Induce Detoxification Enzyme Expression In Vitro and In Vivo. Journal of Food Science, 76(3). doi:10.1111/j.1750- 3841.2011.02105.x
- Robbins, M. G., Hauder, J., Somoza, V., Eshelman, B. D., Barnes, D. M., & Hanlon, P. R. (2010). Induction of Detoxification Enzymes by Feeding Unblanched Brussels Sprouts Containing Active Myrosinase to Mice for 2 Wk. Journal of Food Science, 75(6). doi:10.1111/j.1750- 3841.2010.01713.x
- Kim, D., Li, A. A., Gadiparthi, C., Khan, M. A., Cholankeril, G., Glenn, J. S., & Ahmed, A. (2018). Changing Trends in Etiology-Based Annual Mortality From Chronic Liver Disease, From 2007 Through 2016. Gastroenterology, 155(4). doi:10.1053/j. gastro.2018.07.008
- Dudhatra G. B., Mody S. K., Awale M. M., et al. The Scientific World Journal. 2012;2012:33. doi: 10.1100/2012/637953.637953
- Guan YS and He Q. Evid Based Complenent Alternat Med. 2015; 824185. 10.1155/2015/824185
- Li, L. Y., Luo, Y., Lu, M. D., Xu, X. W., Lin, H. D., & Zheng, Z. Q. (2015)., 13, 44. doi:10.1186/s12957-015-0454-4.
- Bryan HK, Olayanju A, Goldring CE, Park BK. Biochem Pharmacol. 2013;85(6):705-717.
- Nothlings U, Schulze MB, Weikert C, et al. J Nutr. 2008;138(4):775-781.
- Navarro SL, Schwarz Y, Song X, et al. J Nutr. 2014 Nov;144(11):1850-7.
- Jiang Y, Wu SH, Shu XO, et al. J Acad Nutr Diet. 2014 May;114(5):700-8.e2
- Wang X, Ouyang Y, Liu J, et al. BMJ. 2014;349:g4490.
- Zhang X, Shu XO, Xiang YB, et al. Am J Clin Nutr. 2011 Jul;94(1):240-6.
- Mondloch, S., Scholl, C., Arscott, S., & Tanumihardj, S. (2019). Https://doi. org/10.1057/jfns000007. Journal of Food & Nutritional Sciences, 37-48. doi:doi.org/10.1057/jfns000007
- Casas-Grajales, S. & Muriel, P. Antioxidants in liver health. World J Gastrointest Pharmacol Ther 6, 59-72 (2015).
You may also like…
Purification Product Kit with SP Complete® and Gastro-Fiber®, 1 Kit With SP Complete and Gastro-FiberYou can purchase maximum 5 unit of this product$282.70 Add to cart
SP Detox Balance™ Chai, 28-Day Program Kit$293.70 Add to cart
General Female Endocrine Pack, 60 PacksYou can purchase maximum 5 unit of this product$115.50 Add to cart